2 packages of Extra Firm Tofu
16oz of Broccoli
4 Yellow Potatoes
1 can Coconut Milk
1/2 cup Water
2 Tbsp Splenda (I'm avoiding straight up sugar. You can use sugar though.)
I was out of veggies so I used the powdered form.
1 Tbsp Onion Powder
2 Tbsp Garlic Powder
1/2 Tbsp Ginger Powder
3/4 Tbsp Chili Powder
3/4 Tbsp Salt
2 Tbsp Tumeric Powder
3 Tbsp Curry Powder
1 Tbsp Ground Corriander
2 cups Jasmine Rice
2 1/2 cups Water
2 Tbsp *Spice Mix
- Drain water from tofu packages. NOTE: I don't press my tofu.
- Cube tofu:
- Then cube the yellow potatoes to about the same size as the tofu cubes.
- Make the spice mix. To do that, in a small bowl mix together all of the spice mix ingredients.
- In medium bowl, pour in the coconut milk. Add the Splenda and about 1/2 of the bowl of spice mix (you should reserve the rest). Whisk together.
- Heat up a large wok on medium-high heat.
- Pour the 1/2 cup of water in the botttom of the wok. NOTE: I avoid oil as much as I can when cooking and stir fried wok dishes are great for using water instead of oil.
- Add the tofu to the wok.
- Let the water come to a happy boil, then lower the temp to medium-low
- Add the potatoes, broccoli, and curry spice coconut milk mix. It's ok if there is some water still left in the wok.
- Let it cook on a high simmer.
- For the rice: In an Instant Pot, add 2 cups Jasmine rice, 2 1/2 cups water, and 2 Tbsp of spice mix. Set Instant Pot on Rice Mode.
- While the rice is doing its thing, stir the ingredients in the wok frequently.
- Sprinkle in any remaining spice mix too the wok and give everything a good stir to blend in the spices.
- Make sure your potatoes are covered by the liquid the best you can, and let the wok cook. Your broccoli will soften and your tofu will absorb the spices.
- Your dish is ready when 1. the potatoes are softened and cooked through and 2. when the rice is done in the Instant Pot.
- Carefully release the steam from the Instant Pot when the timer goes off.
- Fluff the rice with a fork, turn off the Instant Pot, and turn off the stove burner.
- Serve the tofu yellow curry over the rice.